Lately, one has been constantly been hearing about health problems stemming from lifestyle choices. However, It is difficult to separate the noise from the news. But I figured we can’t go wrong if the products we consume are largely naturally made.
While buying natural products is always an option, the joy of making a product at home and watching your loved ones use them is something else. (Moreover, homemade products rarely contain preservatives)
Here’s a simple recipe with common kitchen ingredients that could help you make a small start:
COFFEE BODY SCRUB
What you need:
- As a base : 1 portion used coffee powder (Not instant Coffee)
- As an addition, any of these ingredients: 1 portion coconut oil, 1 portion of fresh grated coconut or 1 portion of brown sugar
- Transfer the used coffee powder to a small glass jar
- Add any one of the additional ingredients, depending on your preference.
- Mix well
- Refrigerate or store in a cool and dry place
It is best to make small batches, since this recipe does not recommend the usage of any preservatives
You may use this as a full body scrub, including the face. You can choose to keep it on as a mask for 10-15 minutes or just rinse it off immediately. On most days, you may not even feel the need to use a soap after this!
Do share your experience and own unique DIY recipes with us. It keeps us charged too!