The practice of Fair Share and Earth Care extends in traditional farming, to Livestock care too! Unlike conglomerates and the commercial dairy industry, the farmers of rural India extracted and used milk that was in excess after the calf had had its fill.
Perhaps because of this, or just pure delicious taste, a form of Coffee that you will find in Coorg in Bella Kapi or Black Coffee made with Jaggery. If you love jaggery and strong black Coffee, this is a great recipe that’s light on the stomach but great of Caffeine hit.
At Poomaale, at the end of a lovely vigorous hike across the estate, you almost always will find our staff waiting with a hot cup of Bella Kapi and a smile! Do try this recipe at home too and let us know how you liked it
- Water – ½ Cup
- Jaggery – 1 teaspoon
- Filter Coffee Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add crushed jaggery
- Once the jaggery has melted, add coffee powder and stir
- Bring the saucepan off the heat
- Strain and pour into a cup and enjoy this hot and light beverage any time of the day!