Exfoliation is a must if you are after naturally healthy and glowing skin. The right way to exfoliate your skin is to be gentle and use a mild scrub. And you can always rely on homemade natural exfoliators which are mild, yet effective on your skin.
One of the best way to prepare a homemade scrub is by using orange peel powder. It has multiple benefits, starting from curing acne and blackheads to boosting your complexion. It also provides anti-oxidant support to our skin.
Here’s how you can also prepare orange peel scrub at home
- Take 3-4 medium sized oranges and remove the peel
- Cut them up in to thin slices and spread the orange peel slices on a tray and place it under the sun
- Cover the tray with a thin piece of cloth or paper. It may take up to 2-4 days for the orange peels to dry up
- Once they are dried up, powder them using a grinder and store it in an airtight container and use to prepare your own DIY orange peel scrub
Some benefits of using an orange peel scrub
- Orange peel is a great source of vitamin C. In fact, it contains more vitamin C that the fruit itself. This high amount of vitamin C helps to boost your skin health in multiple ways
- It helps with skin whitening and brightening melanin which is the natural pigment, present on the skin and is responsible for our skin color. More melanin results in a deeper skin tone. Vitamin C has the ability to reduce melanin synthesis, thus lightening our skin color